West German Prostate Center
As the founders of the West German Prostate Center, and in in cooperation with other colleagues of the center, the Department of Urology at the KLINIK am RING offers the full range of diagnostics, treatments and therapies for the treatment of the prostate. The combination of highly competent experienced specialists and state-of-the art medical and surgical techniques under one roof enables patient care at the highest level.
A particular focus of the West German Prostate Center is in addition to the treatment of benign prostate enlargement, is the treatment of prostate cancer with innovative techniques and modern radiotherapy, known as brachytherapy. Since the founding of the interdisciplinary center in 2002, more than 1500 seed implantations and 2500 afterloading therapy have been performed in localized prostate cancer.
Please explore the websites of the Department of Urology at the KLINIK am RING to find out more about prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia as well as research and potential therapies..
- Ten misconceptions about the treatment of prostate cancer
- ESTRO: Brachytherapy achieves excellent results
- Second Tumar after Prostate Cancer Therapy?
- Prostate Cancer is operated too often
- Fewer complications after laser therapy
- Prostate cancer: Spacer Gel protects against radiation damages
- Dr. Neubauer nominated again best urologist in Germany
- Prostate Cancer - Surgery often not justified