The spectrum of therapies for prostate cancer has significantly expanded during the last years.Particularly in the area of radiation therapy, there have been substantial advancements. A new form of the treatment for patients with prostate cancer in the early stages is available with the brachytherapy. There are two fundamental techniques of the brachytherapy:
An exceptionally minimally invasive procedure
For you as the patient, this method offers substantial advantages:
- minimally invasive, meaning it is well tolerated and involves no incisions or sutures
- can be performed during a short-term hospital stay
- evidences a lesser rate of complications and results in a higher rate of potency in comparison to surgical removal of the prostate.
At the West German Prostate Center, brachytherapy is one of the central treatment methods. Patients are cared for by urologists and radiology therapists, who closely collaborate with each other in the procedure. This surgical cooperation has already been a proven success in more than 4000 treatments.
- Ten misconceptions about the treatment of prostate cancer
- ESTRO: Brachytherapy achieves excellent results
- Second Tumar after Prostate Cancer Therapy?
- Prostate Cancer is operated too often
- Fewer complications after laser therapy
- Prostate cancer: Spacer Gel protects against radiation damages
- Dr. Neubauer nominated again best urologist in Germany
- Prostate Cancer - Surgery often not justified