The earlier, the better
Only if prostate cancer is detected in its early stage, there will be an optimal chance for a cure. Consequently, early detection is vital.
Early Detection of Prostate Cancer
For all types of cancer, the general rule is that the earlier the disease is detected, the better are the chances for a successful treatment. This is why it is crucial to consult with a physician as soon as undefined problems or symptoms occur. It is even more important to participate regularly in preventive screening! This particularly recommends for all men over the age of 45. If prostate cancer has been diagnosed in your family, it is strongly recommended to consult with an urologist already starting at the age of 40.
Every year there are about 58.000 newly diagnosed cases of this most frequently in males occurring cancer in Germany. With targeted preventive screening, early stages of the disease can be detected in more than 90% of all cases, and can be treated successfully. Unfortunately, so far only about 25% of the male population participates in preventive screening.
It must again be emphasized: The earlier the detection, the better the chances for curing the cancer, and the more simple and convenient is a possible therapy!
- Ten misconceptions about the treatment of prostate cancer
- ESTRO: Brachytherapy achieves excellent results
- Second Tumar after Prostate Cancer Therapy?
- Prostate Cancer is operated too often
- Fewer complications after laser therapy
- Prostate cancer: Spacer Gel protects against radiation damages
- Dr. Neubauer nominated again best urologist in Germany
- Prostate Cancer - Surgery often not justified