The indications for an appropriate therapy are determined in close cooperation with our radiotherapists, whereby interdisciplinary case discussions and the application of international nomograms have a particularly high significance. Quality is additionally controlled in the context of weekly interdisciplinary colloquia.
There is an international consent, that for example, for the gaining and maintaining of sufficient experience in performing brachytherapy, at least 60 to 80 implantations per year should be performed by the same team. The team of the West German Prostate Center has performed more than 2500 brachytherapy procedures during the last five years.
The team participates in continuing education and training programs on a regular basis. It organizes a Prostate-Update-Meeting each year during which national and international speakers report on the current state and latest development in the field as well as other subject related events for colleagues and patients.
Documentation of all patient, treatment, and post treatment assessment data
It goes without saying that the West German Prostate Center only works with state-of-the-art technical equipment, which complies with the requirements of the MPG (medical product law) and satisfies the specifications of the notice of approval as well as the current regulations of the radiation protection legislation (StrSchV) and the X-ray ordinance (RöV).
The legal framework is provided by the radiation protection law (StrSchV), the X-ray regulations (RöV), and by the permission of the respective supervisory authority.
- Ten misconceptions about the treatment of prostate cancer
- ESTRO: Brachytherapy achieves excellent results
- Second Tumar after Prostate Cancer Therapy?
- Prostate Cancer is operated too often
- Fewer complications after laser therapy
- Prostate cancer: Spacer Gel protects against radiation damages
- Dr. Neubauer nominated again best urologist in Germany
- Prostate Cancer - Surgery often not justified